Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
For the Electrical Contracting Industry
142 Corporate Drive, Binghamton, NY 13904
TO: Whom It May Concern:
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, for the benefit of any interested parties, the Electrician’s Joint Apprenticeship Program of Binghamton, will accept applications online only.
At least 17 years of age to apply and 18 years of age at the time of indenture.
Be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a physician of JATC’S choice, at the expense of the JATC Committee upon selection into the program.
High School graduate or GED/HSE. Must submit official High School transcript and must have passed and been credited for one year of Algebra, Math 1, or the 1 st Year of High School Regents Math. These items MUST be provided at time of Indenture. Failure to provide the substantiated documents will result in your name being removed from the list of eligible applicants.
Have a valid NYS Driver’s License.
Must be a resident of this area covered by this Committee at least six (6) months.
- BROOME – Entire County – all Townships
- CHENANGO - Townships of Afton, Bainbridge, Coventry, German, Greene, Guilford, Lincklaen, McDonough, North Norwich, Norwich, Otselic, Oxford, Pharslia, Pitcher, Plymouth, Preston, Smithville and Smyrna
- DELAWARE - Townships of Davenport, Delhi, Deposit, Franklin, Hamden, Masonville, Meredith, Sidney, Tompkins, Walton, and that portion of Colchester and Hancock north of the East Branch of the Delaware River
- OTSEGO - Townships of Butternuts, Harwick, Laurens, Maryland, Milford, Morris, Oneonta, Otego, Unadilla and Westford
- TIOGA - Township of Berkshire, Newark Valley, Owego, Richford and Tioga
Qualify for interview using the electrical trade’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
All applicants will be received without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
If you are in need of any further information, please contact our office at (607) 729-6171.